Act 1: Observations and Hook
Water, pepper, dish soap.
Act 2: Questions, Possibilities, Resources
- What happened?
- How does the pepper behave differently at the start, at the end?
- Why does it swirl around?
- Where does pepper come from?
- Does it work with something other than pepper? other than water? other than dish soap?
- What is soap? What is it designed to do?
- What does “clean” mean?
Act 3: Resolution and Continuation
- Here‘s a pretty good explanation of how it works.
- Would it work again/faster/better if soap was added a second time?
- What if soap was added in two places at the same time?
- How’s the pepper/water experiment similar to this? Are they related?